We are all well aware that in cleaners there are still far too many toxic ingredients that harm our health and our planet. This recipe for this orange peel cleanser is very simple: All you need is two ingredients. And then, just dilute it with water. Some people don't like the smell of vinegar too much, but don't worry, the orange peels mask the smell very well. If you want, you can also add a few drops of lemon-based essential oils.
Here are the steps to follow to get your own cleaner with a nice orange smell!
Ingredients + utensils
- 4 oranges (peels)
- 1 bottle of white vinegar
- Essential oils (preferably lemon)
- A large jar
- A sieve
- A spray bottle
- Eat the oranges (or put them in a Tupperware if you don't want to eat them directly) and put the orange peels in the large jar.
- Once you have added all your orange peels, add the white vinegar, add enough to make the orange peels soak in the vinegar. Choose a white glass vinegar bottle instead, so as not to throw away a useless plastic bottle!
- Once the orange peels are soaked in vinegar, close the jar. The easier part is over. Let stand for 3 weeks. The longer you let the orange peels soak in vinegar, the better. You can leave the pot in a relatively hot area but not in the sun. For example, near your sink.
- Once the 3 weeks are over, use a sieve to remove the vinegar from the orange peels and put the vinegar that has been bathed in the orange peels in a bowl.
- Now take your spray bottle, preferably a glass bottle, we stay zero waste to the end, and add the vinegar and dilute it with water. You can dilute with water depending on the size of your bottle so that it is filled. It is time to add the lemon essential oil. You can add 20 drops or less, it's up to you. Once it's done, don't forget to compost your orange peels. We recycle to the end.
There you go!
You've just created your own orange peel cleaner!
I love using this cleaner, the smell is pleasant, and frankly it cleanses so well!
You can with this cleaner, clean:
- Your bathroom: it really cleans everything! Your toilet, the walls of your shower, your sink... With just a spray it already cleans very well!
- Kitchen: Even cleaning your sink, your worktop, it cleans really well. If there is still some grease left, you can use more than just a spray. Even cleaning your dust with a cloth, with a spray it works!
- Some people say you can clean the floor with it, but I haven't tried yet to prove if it really works or not!
And one more step towards zero waste, one more step! Keep it up and don't forget: "less plastic, more fish"